Surely you have experienced situations where the internet drops and you are disconnected for a few minutes in the middle of an important meeting, or you want to download a video, and it sometimes takes hours, because your connection is not the most adequate. Like these, we can find hundreds of situations related to the use and speed of the network, if you identify with any of them, this information is for you. According to a recent publication of the World Economic Forum, 5G Technology refers to the fifth generation of cellular technology to provide broadband access. It has a standard to increase the speed and volume of information in wireless networks. Let’s see the main characteristics of 5G Technology:
Features of 5G Technology:
- Less latency: that is to say, that with 5G technology, the devices will take less time to execute an order and will have fewer intermittencies.
- Speed: 5G technology will reach speeds between 10 and 250 times the current speeds, which will allow you to download a high-definition movie in seconds, watch 8K television, as well as watch holograms or virtual reality applications.
- Simultaneous Connection: 5G technology could support about 20,000 connected devices in just an area equivalent to a football field, about 100 times the current capacity.
- World economy: millions of jobs and, according to the European Commission, will have revenues equivalent to 225 billion euros by 2025, in addition to creating up to 114 billion euros in benefits spread across the automotive, health, transport industries and energy.
- Jobs: 5G technology is expected to create 22 million jobs globally just by building and maintaining the networks.
- Education: Another facet that will see a relevant boost will be personalized education, since the implementation of Big Data and Machine Learning technologies will allow the findings of the analyzes to land in specific and more comprehensive applications that require high bandwidth.
- Health: 5G technology will allow monitoring for more effective prevention through remote diagnosis, promotion of medication intake, monitoring of treatments and levels of the person, transmission of health data, as well as service management doctors.
- Transportation: 5G will enable a revolution based on its ability to support machine-to-machine, vehicle-to-vehicle, and vehicle-to-infrastructure communications. This will not only allow access to the internet during a road trip or within the city, but will also allow the proliferation of autonomous vehicles that communicate with each other.
- Energy: the benefits in this sector include the possibility of having smart lighting both in homes and on the street, the development of specific sensors to address effects from climate change, and remote monitoring of key sites for the industry.
It is estimated that 5G technology will reach about 4 million people in 2019, 54 million in 2020, 191 million in 2021, 551 million in 2022, 1,031 million in 2023 and 1,479 million in 2024; Such coverage will initially reach Asia, North America, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa, respectively.